Effective as of March 1, 2021
Privacy & Security
We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how our customers can contact us about our privacy practices.
In this policy, “personal information” means “information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person”. An “identifiable person” is “one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, and online identifier or to one or more factors specific to his/her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.”
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. When you visit our Web site, place an order, request a catalog, otherwise interact with our Web site, visit our social media pages, attend one of our events, and/or contact us via e-mail, certain information is or may be collected. Among the types of information that may be collected are the following:
- If you create an account, we may collect your name, company, address, phone number, and email address
- If you place an order, we may collect your name, company, address, phone number, email address, billing information, shipping information, the kind of product purchased and other information about your purchase
- If you sign up for emails, we will collect your email address
- If you send us an email, we will collect your name, email address, and any information that you may choose to submit with the e-mail message
- If you participate in any surveys, contests, wish lists, reviews, and other voluntary offerings provided on the Web site, we will collect any information you submit as part of such offerings
We may collect information about your use of coupons and other discounts on our online store, including the number of discounts used, interests and shopping preferences.
We may collect any other information you provide us in response to suggestion forms or other questionnaires.
When you visit this site or our social media pages, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means, including using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide
- You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion or when you make a purchase on our site. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, mobile or other phone number, and mobile service provider)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address, through a third party payment processor)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media networks when you visit our social media pages (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites) or visit our social media pages, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social network pages, or our mobile applications, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics service, and to exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
How We Use the Information
We may use the information you provide to:
- Analyze, manage and improve our Web site so that we may continually strive to provide you with the best shopping experience that we possibly can
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Process, deliver and receive payment for your purchases
- Process your payment card transactions and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and purchase history
- Assist with product selection and replenishment
- Respond to your inquiries
- Display relevant ads to you on our site and elsewhere based on your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, to tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may collect, store, accumulate certain, or create (by excluding personal data) non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this Web site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular.
We may use for any purpose and share or transfer to anyone such non- personally identifiable information in our discretion.
We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, or in connection with detection, prevention or investigation of fraud. In addition, we may disclose information about you when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We may disclose information about your browsing behavior and/or purchasing behavior while on our web site, including the products you purchased (but not your name, address, email address, telephone number, or any other personally identifiable information), to third party advertisers.
We may share some of your personal information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal
requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, advertising and marketing services.
How We Protect Personal Information
7 VIRTUES takes reasonable precautions to protect the security of your personal information. Our Web site is hosted on servers that utilize SSL server software. Any credit card information that you provide is encrypted while it is being transmitted over the Internet in order to reduce the possibility that such information can be read by an unauthorized person. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us in the manner specified below.
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails (e.g., emails regarding special offers or product information) from us, please let us know by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com. Please be sure that your e-mail includes your name and address. You may also change your preferences at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You may also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from 7 VIRTUES directly by clicking here to Unsubscribe.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask 7 VIRTUES to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by mailing us at:
The 7 Virtues Beauty
1741 Lower Water Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada, B3J 0J2
Ph: (902) 210-9999
When you use one of our mobile applications, we may ask you for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect, process and retain various types of personal information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. It does not include de-identified or aggregate information, or public information lawfully available from government records.
This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How to Contact Us